We need credit cards to function in society. They are crucial to building credit ratings with banks and have useful tracking features for budgeting. However, using credits cards to spend money that we don’t actually have can have dire consequences for our personal finance by;
- Reducing our wealth by increasing our variable expenses through interest payments.
- Destroying our credit ratings.
How to use credit cards to your advantage to build wealth;
- Pay off your credit card every month or at minimum, keep your account balance below 30% of your available credit.
- Never max out your credit card.
- Ideally keep your credit card balance at 0.
- Use your credit card for day to day purchases to build your credit rating and take advantage of reward incentives.