Average weekly pay: $1,473
Employment size: 14,100
Future growth: Stable
Skill level Bachelor degree or higher
Agricultural and forestry scientists advise on farming, develop techniques for increasing productivity, and develop plans and policies for the management of forest areas.
Typical tax deductions:
- Travel to and from work for employees with shifting workplaces (who regularly work at more than one site each day before returning home) or transport bulky equipment (normally 20 plus kilos).
- Travel between job sites, to pick up materials, or attend training courses.
- Telephone, internet and laptop costs.
- Dogs, when used for work purposes. The purchase cost of the dog (and training fees) are not deductible as they are capital costs. In contrast, vet bills and pet food bills may qualify as a tax deduction.
- Protective clothing including safety-coloured vests, steel-capped boots, gloves, and overalls. Work clothing branded with the employer’s logo.
- Sun protection costs including sunglasses, hats and sunscreen lotions.
- Union fees, licences and registrations.
- Courses, seminars and self-education expenses.
- Tools and equipment. (Depreciate if costing more than $300 each).
- Home office running expenses.