Average weekly pay: $1,000
Employment size: 107,700
Future growth: Decline
Skill level Certificate II or III
Bookkeepers maintain and evaluate records of financial transactions in account books and computerised accounting systems.
Typical tax deductions include:
- Cost of travel between offices and attending training courses.
- Percentage of home occupancy costs if working from home (due to the employer not providing an office workspace). Include rent, interest, rates, insurance, etc.
- Briefcases, handbag, man-bag or work bags.
- Professional seminars, courses, conferences and workshops.
- Reference books, technical journals and trade magazines related to work as an accountant.
- Computer depreciation, interest and repairs.
- Phone calls and internet (Work portion only).
- Self-education courses related to the current job.
- Home office heating, cooling, lighting and cleaning costs
- Professional memberships - e.g. CPA, IPA, CA, etc.
- Cost of business lunches (even if discussing business matters).