Average weekly pay: $1,489
Future growth: Stable
Skill level Certificate II or III
Earthmoving plant operators operate plant to excavate, breakup, move, level, smooth, and compact earth, ore and rock.
Typical tax deductions:
- Travel to and from work for employees with shifting workplaces (who regularly work at more than one site each day before returning home) or transport bulky equipment (normally 20 plus kilos).
- Travel between job sites, to pick up materials, or training courses.
- Meal and accommodation expenses incurred when being away from home overnight for work.
- Overtime meals (if paid a meal allowance under an Industrial Award).
- Protective clothing including fire-resistant clothing, sun-protection clothing, safety-coloured vests, rubber boots, steel-capped boots, safety hats, safety goggles, gloves, overalls, heavy duty shirts and trousers that are designed to protect the wearer from risk of injury at work.
- Sunglasses, sunhats and sunscreens.
- Tools and equipment. Depreciate items costing more than $300 each.
Non deductible expenses:
- Jeans, drill shirts and trousers.