Average weekly pay: $2,142
Employment size: 8,800
Future growth: Very Strong
Skill level Bachelor Degree or Higher
Actuaries, mathematicians and statisticians develop and apply actuarial, mathematical, statistical and quantitative principles to solve problems in a range of fields such as business, finance, scientific, social, and engineering.
Typical tax deductions include:
- Travel visiting clients, attending different workplaces, and attending training courses.
- Overnight and overseas travel for work purposes including airfares, meals and accommodation.
- Briefcases, handbag, man-bag or work bags.
- Professional seminars, courses, conferences and workshops.
- Reference books, technical journals and trade magazines.
- Phone, internet and laptop (work portion only).
- Self-education courses related to the current job.
- Home office running expenses.
- Professional memberships.
- Cost of business lunches, and attendance at sporting events, gala or social nights, concerts or other similar types of functions or events. This is the case even if business matters are discussed.