Case Study | Aircraft Engineer Saves $1,551 Tax
Frankie is an aircraft engineer working for Qantas at the Sydney Airport. Frankie uses some of his own specialist tools to perform his job every day but doesn’t leave them at the workplace overnight due to recent thefts. Frankie wants to protect his valuable tools and save tax.
- Frankie travels 120 km per week to and from work.
- The tools are bulky and weigh 25 kgs.
- There are no secure lockers at work.
Tax Strategy 4: Transporting Heavy or Bulky Equipment – this makes Frankie’s home to work travel tax deductible when it involves the transportation of heavy or bulky equipment.
- Frankie saves $1,551 tax ($3,300 @ 47%).
- Frankie no-longer loses any more tools to theft.
"You’d be stupid not to try to cut your tax bill and those that don’t are stupid in business"
- Bono: U2