|Average Weekly Pay
||Bachelor degree or higher
|*Swipe across to view all table data
Artistic directors, media producers and presenters produce artistic policies for performing arts organisations, prepare and present news, sports and other information, and conduct interviews on radio and television.
Typical tax deductions:
- Coaching classes or lessons if undertaken to maintain existing specific skills or to obtain work-related skills for use in a particular role or performance - this applies even if the training is undertaken between engagements.
- Motor vehicle travel to and from work if having either shifting places of work; or transporting bulky equipment or costumes.
- Motor vehicle travel between work locations, or for training purposes.
- Phone and internet - work %.
- Home office running expenses.
- Commissions paid to agents.
- Computers, televisions, video recorders, compact disc players and professional libraries.
- Overtime meal expenses.
- Cost of maintaining a photographic portfolio for publicity purposes.
- Audio, videotapes, video digital discs and compact discs used for rehearsal.
- Theatre and film tickets if the show has content directly related to current work.
- Union fees, licences, registrations and subscriptions.
- Joining fees paid to agencies.
- Audition expenses (as incurred to gain work).
- Gifts such as flowers or alcohol provided to fellow presenters, producers or directors (as it is a private expense).
- Cost of attending awards nights or other social functions.