Architects and Landscape Architects
Average weekly pay: $1,259
Employment size: 28,000
Future growth: Strong
Skill level Bachelor degree or higher
Architects and landscape architects design commercial, industrial, institutional, residential and recreational buildings and landscapes.
Typical tax deductions:
- Motor vehicle travel to and from work if having either shifting workplaces (working at more than one site each day before returning home), or transporting bulky equipment.
- Motor vehicle travel between job sites, to pick up materials, or attend training courses.
- Phone and internet – work %.
- Overnight travel expenses attending conferences, seminars, and training courses – includes airfares, accommodation, meals, and incidentals.
- Protective clothing including safety-coloured vests, steel-capped boots, gloves, and overalls.
- Compulsory work uniform branded with the employer’s logo.
- Sun protection costs including sunglasses and sunscreens.
- Union fees, licences, registrations and subscriptions.
- Self-education expenses.
- Computers, tools and equipment.
- Home office running expenses.
"You’d be stupid not to try to cut your tax bill and those that don’t are stupid in business"
- Bono: U2