Animal Attendants & Trainers
|Average weekly pay||Employment size||Future Growth||Skill level|
|$957||22,200||Strong||Certificate II or III|
|*Swipe across to view all table data|
Animal attendants and trainers train, feed, groom and care for animals.
Typical tax deductions:
- Motor vehicle travel to and from work if having either shifting workplaces (working at more than one site each day before returning home), or transporting bulky equipment.
- Motor vehicle travel between job sites, to pick up materials, or attend training courses.
- Phone and internet – work %.
- Dogs, when used for work purposes. The purchase cost of the dog and training fees are not deductible as they are capital costs. In contrast, vet bills and pet food bills may qualify as a tax deduction.
- Overnight travel expenses visiting clients or attending different workplaces – includes meals and accommodation.
- Protective clothing and equipment including safety-coloured vests, steel-capped boots, gloves, and overalls.
- Compulsory work uniforms branded with the employer’s logo.
- Sun protection costs including sunglasses and sunscreens.
- Union fees, licences, registrations and subscriptions.
- Courses, seminars and self-education expenses.
- Computers, tools and equipment.
- Home office running expenses.
"You’d be stupid not to try to cut your tax bill and those that don’t are stupid in business"
- Bono: U2