Capital city: Victoria
Currency: Seychellois rupee (SCR)
Language: English, French & Seychellois Creole
GDP $2.608 billion
Seychelles, officially the Republic of Seychelles, is an archipelago and country in the Indian Ocean. The 115-island country lies 1,500 km east of mainland East Africa and is a member of the African Union, the Southern African Development Community, the Commonwealth of Nations, and the United Nations. Seychelles is a world leader in sustainable tourism and holds the record for the highest percentage of land under natural conservation (50% of the total land area). Seychelles boasts the highest nominal per capita GDP in Africa (excluding the French regions) due to its development into an offshore financial sector.
Seychelles IBC (an International Business Company) is designed to engage in international business and since the introduction of the Seychelles International Business Companies Act in 1994, over 100`000 Seychelles IBC`s have been registered. The benefits of a Seychelles IBC are:
- Not subject to any tax or duty on income or profits.
- A shareholder is not subject to any tax on income derived from the IBC.
- Exempt from stamp duties on all transactions.
- The identities and personal details of the beneficial owners, directors and shareholders are NOT part of public record.
- New IBC`s are usually incorporated within 24 hours.
- A low government fee of $100 at registration, and per annum thereafter.
- Can be registered with an authorized capital of a hundred million dollars and still pay the same government fee of $100.
- No paid-up capital required.
"You’d be stupid not to try to cut your tax bill and those that don’t are stupid in business"
- Bono: U2