Unni Ashok, a TaxFitness subscriber since June 2017, operates an accounting practice at Nundah,
He has recorded fee growth of 316% for the 2019 financial year and attributes that growth to five
- Positioning himself as a tax planning expert – business clients like to feel/know they are dealing
with an expert in the field where value can be generated for them.
- Establishing trust with potential clients – this often leads to either them signing up for services or
referring someone they know.
- Establishing an ongoing relationship with clients so they feel they are being looked after
throughout the year – important for client retention and word of mouth referrals. This is achieved
through monthly newsletters and periodic client phone calls.
- Incorporate tax planning fees into fees for all business clients -around $500 per client p/a. As the
value and time spent on tax planning/business advisory services are worth a lot more to the client,
over time this will increase to $1,000 per client p/a (in addition to standard compliance work).
- Building referral partners and networks.