Average weekly pay: $950
Employment size: 54,900
Future growth: Very Strong
Skill level Certificate II or III
Taxi drivers drive motor cars to transport passengers to destinations.
Typical tax deductions include:
- Motor vehicle travel between work sites or for training purposes.
- Taxi operating costs including interest, lease payments, depreciation, repairs, fuel, cleaning and insurance.
- Computers, tools and equipment - includes fridge, GPS, and vehicle maintenance tools.
- Consumables for passengers including drinks, sweets, newspapers, and magazines.
- Union fees, licences, registrations and subscriptions.
- Phone and internet - work %.
- Medical checkup and drug testing fees.
- Compulsory work uniform branded with the employer’s logo.
- Courses, seminars and self-education expenses.
- Client gifts brought for work purposes as entitled to receive commission income - includes gift vouchers, bottle of wine, flowers, hamper, etc.
- Home office running expenses.
- Speeding and parking fines.
- Taxi driving course.