Write down your financial goals
What are your financial goals? You may hope to get out of debit, retire early, or have a million in your super by the age of 65. Whatever your goals, the first step to achieving them is to write them down. Writing out your financial goals, setting a timeline and steps to achieve those goals will mean the difference between financial success and failure. If we fail to plan, we are planning to fail.
- Solidify what your goals are.
- Work out if they are achievable and realistic.
- Put good habits and clear deliverables in place.
Implementation and cost
- Write down everything you want to achieve financially, now and for the future.
- Figure out which goals are immediate, short term, and long term.
- Turn your goals into SMART goals. This will ensure your goals are specific, measurable, achievable, relevant, and timely.
- Make a budget so that you can know exactly what you're working with and if your goals are achievable.
- Monitor your progress and adjust your goals accordingly as your circumstances change.
"You’d be stupid not to try to cut your tax bill and those that don’t are stupid in business"
- Bono: U2